The 5 love languages is a book first written by Dr Gary Chapman, over twenty years ago and has sold a whooping 11 million copies! It must be good then, right?
Falling in love is the easy part, making sure your relationship remains happy and healthy can sometimes be a challenge. It takes a lot of time and effort to keep the ‘spark’ alive as ever increasing workloads, career demands, home priorities and personal conflicts distract you from investing time into your relationship.
Apparently everyone has a different love language and the book helps you to identify and understand yours (and that of your partner). Dr Chapman explains how your different love languages can gel together, resulting in a longer lasting relationship.
According to The 5 Love Languages website, the Languages are as follows:
• Words of Affirmation: “This language uses words to affirm other people.”
• Acts of Service: “For these people, actions speak louder than words.”
• Receiving Gifts: “For some people, what makes them feel most loved is to receive a gift.”
• Quality Time: “This language is all about giving the other person your undivided attention.”
• Physical Touch: “To this person, nothing speaks more deeply than appropriate touch.”
How do you know what love language is yours?
Quite simply, you take a test.
The love language test is a series of 30 paired questions, that you answer in about ten minutes. Your answers will reveal your primary love language and all you need to know about how it affects your relationship. It is that simple.
Did you take the test?
What is your love language?